Repairing ventral hernias is a different procedure than it was just 10 years ago. There’s now a multitude of prosthetic, biologic and biosynthetic materials available. Innovative technical advances – including robotic surgery techniques – have improved outcomes.
If you perform abdominal wall reconstruction, staying abreast of these changes is vital to your practice. Cleveland Clinic’s Digestive Disease Institute will help you do so at Updates in Abdominal Wall Reconstruction, Jan. 14–16, 2016, at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort in Orlando, Florida.
“This will be the most comprehensive, most engaging program anywhere about abdominal wall reconstruction – not to mention it’ll be at a world-class resort where you can interact personally with the best of the best in our field,” says Michael J. Rosen, MD, Director of Cleveland Clinic’s Hernia Center and Medical Director of the Americas Hernia Society Quality Collaborative.
Here are the top five things that attendees of Updates in Abdominal Wall Reconstruction can anticipate:
- The latest insights on complex hernia repair and abdominal wall reconstruction. Evaluate the role of antibiotic impregnation of mesh, bioabsorbable synthetic materials. Review the use of large-pore synthetic mesh. Learn advanced TAR techniques and the latest in repairing parastomal hernias, enterocutaneous fistulas and other complex conditions.
- Interaction with world-renowned experts. In addition to hernia surgeons from Cleveland Clinic’s Digestive Disease Institute – the No. 2 gastrointestinal surgery program in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report – faculty will include world-renowned experts in abdominal wall reconstruction. Participants will engage with faculty in fun, interactive panel sessions, highlighting complex cases with challenges in patient optimization, procedure choices and mesh selection.
- An entire day dedicated to robotics. If you are interested in introducing robotics into your hernia practice or mastering robotic surgery skills, this forum will help you do it. Learn the best cases to start with, pearls and pitfalls, and tips and tricks for treating specific types of hernias from the world’s top robotic hernia surgeons.
- Guidance on tracking outcomes and improving value in your hernia practice. As value-based payments become standard, you’ll want to know how to interpret literature and understand issues with cost and hernia surgery. Presenters also will discuss the role of social media and quality collaboratives.
- An amazing venue – and time to enjoy it with your family. The three-day program will be hosted at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort in the heart of Walt Disney World. In addition to theme park attractions and entertainment, you’ll have easy access to championship Disney golf courses, award-winning dining and other recreational activities. Presentations and other program activities are scheduled during morning and evening hours, leaving midday and afternoons free for enjoying Walt Disney World with your family.
Register now for Updates in Abdominal Wall Reconstruction. For more about the program, see ccfcme.org/AWR.
This activity has been approved for up to 20.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Participants claiming CME credit for this activity may also submit credit hours to the American Osteopathic Association for Category 2 credit.