For the first time, Cleveland Clinic is offering its popular ED Power Up! class to nurses nationally and internationally. The in-depth, immersive day-long experience explores and discusses nursing assessments and interventions specific to emergency department populations and settings. It allows the ED nurse to think and critically reflect about the “why” in what we often do automatically.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services Policy
Topics covered include: cardiac dysrhythmias, shock, vascular access best practice, tPA administration, triage, assignment management, professional practice development and more.
Using a combination of engaging presentations, facilitated discussions and interactive simulations, class attendees will learn and practice various skills and techniques, while garnering knowledge that will help them achieve the following objectives:
- Describe the appropriate interventions associated with life threatening dysrhythmias
- Differentiate appropriate clinical findings and interventions for patients with neurological emergencies
- Discuss how shock affects pre-load, afterload and associated anticipated care
- Identify the steps and administration of tPA for stroke management
- Differentiate clinical findings and interventions for pediatric emergencies
- Assign Emergency Severity Index (ESI) triage scores and manage the flow of simulated ED patients
- Demonstrate best practice vascular access techniques
“We have offered the ED Power Up! class to Cleveland Clinic nurses for quite some time and it’s a very popular class,” says Emily Zachman, BSN, RN, Nursing Professional Development Specialist and one of the class facilitators. “For the emergency nurse, attending this class is extremely beneficial, so it only makes sense to extend these benefits to all interested emergency nursing caregivers.”
In addition to Zachman, other Cleveland Clinic Nursing Professional Development Specialists who facilitate this specialized class, include:
- Patricia A. Dlouhy, MSN/Ed, RN-BC, CEN
- Lora Laszlo, BSN, RN, CEN, CPEN
- Maria Roznik, BSN, RN, CEN
Don’t miss this opportunity (two dates offered); contact hours will be awarded.
Nurses register now for one of these class dates for ED Power Up!
- Tuesday, April 17, 2018
- Registration required by April 1
- Monday, Nov. 5, 2018
- Registration required by Oct. 20
Classes are held at the West Park Learning Center in Cleveland from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST.
View more information on class location, directions, cost and more. Registration will not be available on site.
Cleveland Clinic Enterprise is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.